Want to plan your own itinerary and have all the attention of a professional tour guide for yourself?
Well, then a private tour of Florence is the perfect solution!
FlorenceWebGuide will put you in touch with a certified local guide named Lucia who will ensure that your sightseeing visit of the city is unforgettable and unique.
Lucia is an Italian tour guide who was born in the much-loved and ever popular Chianti area of Tuscany.
A certified tour guide with a degree in English and a wine tasting license to boot, Lucia regularly accompanies private individuals and groups to visit and learn about the main sites of Florence.
If you are interested in Italian cuisine and Italy's wine culture, Lucia offers the added advantage of being a professional wine taster (called 'sommelier').
As a sommelier with a professional diploma, Lucia can explain and elaborate on the process of making wine to her guests.
You can also hear anecdotes about the famous Chianti “black rooster” wine, and be given suggestions about how to match wine with traditional Tuscan food.
And, of course, you can even opt for organizing a wine-tasting tour and visit a famous winery in the Chianti Classico district.
Choose a guide who works with passion and energy.
Who tells stories with feeling and enthusiasm (not like a history lesson at school!).
And whose aim is to give guests a thrilling experience!
Contact us and you will be able to get more info directly from Lucia herself and - if you so decide - organize all the booking details yourself (no agency fees!).
Contacting us for more information about tours implies no obligation for you to book a tour - feel free to simply find out more details about how private tours work!
Sites that most people include in their private tour are:
Here are some sample itineraries for private tours:
1. Walking tour visiting the main sites of Florence: Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore with Giotto's bell tower and the exceptional Brunelleschi dome.
2. Visit of the Accademia Gallery dedicated to seeing Michelangelo's David and learning about his way of sculpting.
3. Visit of the Uffizi Gallery with masterpieces of Italian Renaissance artists such as "The Birth of Venus" and "Primavera" by Botticelli, "Doni Tondo" by Michelangelo, "Annunciation" by Leonardo, and "Madonna of the Goldfinch" by Raphael.
4. Visit of the Duomo Complex with entrance into the Baptistery of San Giovanni, the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and the crypt of Santa Reparata, as well as a visit to the Museum of the Opera del Duomo with Michelangelo's and Donatello's masterpieces.
5. Full day in the Chianti area to enjoy the Tuscan countryside with its vineyards and olive-trees and a visit to a historic wine cellar and lunch with traditional Tuscan specialities.
No worries, all transportation is organized by your guide with a licensed driver upon request.
For more details about a private tour contact FWG and get all the info you need!
Click on link for a Tour of Wineries and Wine Tastings